Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tie-Dye frosting !!!

I used the chocolate cupcake from this recipe and stuck with my tried-and-true fantastic, simple butter cream. Other than that, it all boils down to the how-to, which I’ve documented below. And just a note, the way you see me filling the piping bag with frosting (using plastic wrap) is how I do it every time I frost anything (from cupcakes to cookies to cakes). It makes the cleanup so simple, you’ll be finding things to pipe frosting on just to fill a piping bag this way. Um, ok, so that’s probably just me…but trust me, it will revolutionize the way you frost.
Speaking of frosting the cupcakes, here’s a short video showing a quick how-to on getting those beautiful swirls of frosting on top of the cupcake. Check out the step-by-step tutorial in the picture of the post for the actual tie-dyed frosting info.

You can tailor the colors in this tutorial to anything that will suit your theme – you could even do stripes of one single color to make, say, a pink and white tie-dyed frosted cupcake for a baby shower or something like that. The options are endless. What would be REALLY cool would be to make the cupcake itself tie-dyed with different colors of cake batter. But obviously I wasn’t on top of my game enough to plan for that. You should, though, and then you’ll be way cooler than me. Happy tie-dying!

No comments:

Post a Comment