Tuesday, July 23, 2013

corner bakery whoopie pie recipe!!

I recently had my first whoopie pie at Corner Bakery when I was having a bad day and needed a little something to cheer me up. 



Ingredients:
• 1 package devil's food cake mix
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 cup creamy peanut butter
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 2 cups confectioner's sugar

Still with me?

Mouth watering yet?
Here's how you make them.

Prepare devil's food mix as shown on package except use only 3/4 cup water.

Using a spoon, pour batter on a greased cookie sheet in 2-3 inch circles. I found that using a coffee scoop worked perfectly for that size.

Bake as directed on box or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into a cookie.

*Be sure to let these cookies cool completely. I suggest at least a few hours.

To make the peanut butter filling, put peanut butter and butter in a bowl and combine with a mixer.

Gradually mix in sugar and milk and continue to mix.

Beat with mixer for at least 3 minutes until frosting is thick and fluffy.

Once cakes are cool, spoon peanut butter filling onto each and top with another cake to form a sandwich.

And grab a glass of milk...you're gonna need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment